• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Ground plane antenna mods

caliman

Oct 12, 2017
Question:
I have a sirio 2008 ground plane antenna,
I was wondering if this mod is Worth doing or if anybody has done it?

what I was thinking of doing is getting some wire mesh lightweight to spread across the circumference of the radials, the idea being, for more reflection of RF energy into the atmosphere, and other than chicken wire, which might rust what might be a great wire mesh that isn't too costly but yet lightweight, thank you,

You could certainly try it, but I guarantee that it won't make any difference in antenna performance and will probably throw your good SWR out the window......
The antenna already "sees" the area between the horizontal elements as "ground", and adding mesh won't change that !

You could certainly try it, but I guarantee that it won't make any difference in antenna performance and will probably throw your good SWR out the window......
The antenna already "sees" the area between the horizontal elements as "ground", and adding mesh won't change that !
Thanks, I appreciate the reply

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.