• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GROUNDED

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
HI GUYS;
A NEW ONE TO ME. I am running a end fed wire antenna and it runs into a box with a unun 9.1 coil connected to the pl259, coax to the house, antenna tuner then to the radio. I noticed when plugging the coax into the tuner hardly anyone heard but unscrewing the Pl259 and inserting the center conductor into the tuner and unscrewing the outer shell of the pl259 all comes alive on the band, it acts as if something is grounded so any idea on the problem would be appreciated.
DOCTOR 795

... when plugging the coax into the tuner hardly anyone heard but unscrewing the Pl259 and inserting the center conductor into the tuner and unscrewing the outer shell of the pl259 all comes alive on the band...
when you disconnect the shell, the coax SHIELD is no longer grounded and is an antenna.

also, put a VOM between the center conductor and the shield, both with and without the shell connected to ground.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.