• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Groundplane / Beam interference ??

Hello Desert Rat:

How far apart are the two antenans. The closer they are they the more they will effect each other.

One good way to tell this is to take down ground plan antenna and see how the Jo Gun II does, measuring local S-Meter readings and field strength tests.

Then put the ground plane back up, and measure the beam again, what is the difference?

You can monitor incoming signals on the ground plane, while swinging the beam around, you may see received signals slighty move the S-meter a needles width, thats not a big deal.
But anymore may indicate the antennas are too close together.

Jay in the Mojave

http://www.a1antannas.com

Desert Rat04 said:
:?: I have a Jo Gunn Smokin Gun ll and a Maco V 5/8 ground plane, around 20 to 25 feet apart.. Approxamate same hight .. The guy at Jo Gunn says beam is phasing with the ground plane therefore not allowing any back or side rejection. CB buddies are killing me about this .. HA! What do you'all think ?? Is the Jo Gunn guy giving me a line ??

Thanks, Desert Rat :?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.