• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Guy wires or not?

That ground plane kit looks like an IMAX kit - IMO...Thought the antenna was a A-99...Looks like an IMAX
Nice install...

BTW - If you are going to use three guy wires or four guy wires; they need to be equally-spaced from each other so that any one wind direction won't take it down. Safety is VERY important!

The guy wires are up inside the ground plane zone. It will affect the antenna's tun; but if it is working for you that is OK too...
The IMAX is a somewhat forgiving antenna.

Cool Booty, I swear this set up has been great for me, last year I got greedy and added another 10 feet also another set of guys. I had an antron 99 a G 5 R V dipole and a 6 meter dipole on it and it came crashing down.luckily it only broke my neigbours outside light lol. So I thought well I'll stick to what I know works, I have not since put them back up, but will again. It' s funny 40m and 80 m tunes up good on the imaxx 2000 I'm sure the efficientcy sucks though.

That ground plane kit looks like an IMAX kit - IMO...
Nice install...

BTW - If you are going to use three guy wires or four guy wires; they need to be equally-spaced from each other so that any one wind direction won't take it down. Safety is VERY important!

Yep U bet Robb, Imax 2000 and the Imax groundplane kit as well, I say it was a bit of a chore for my son and I getting that thing clear or the roof LOL, not easy with a small backyard :)

That ground plane kit looks like an IMAX kit - IMO...Thought the antenna was a A-99...Looks like an IMAX
Nice install...

Yes indeed, I learned that with my 10 foot extention story lol

The guy wires are up inside the ground plane zone. It will affect the antenna's tune; but if it is working for you that is OK too...
The IMAX is a somewhat forgiving antenna.

Yes I bought it with the intention of using the dacron but I still had some guy wire kicking around.My antron worked well with just the guys as ground planes, but my match is flat, or I could break up the guys with insulators as well hmmmm.

Thanks Tuner. I really appreciate the photos. Is that a 4 inch bracket you used on the eve?

I like the way you used the differing pipe to allow telescoping. The clamps sound like they would work great for allowing lineup of the holes on the masts.

Did you attach the antenna on the last piece of mast and raise it like the other sections or? How did you raise the antenna?

Thanks Tuner. I really appreciate the photos. Is that a 4 inch bracket you used on the eve?

I like the way you used the differing pipe to allow telescoping. The clamps sound like they would work great for allowing lineup of the holes on the masts.

Did you attach the antenna on the last piece of mast and raise it like the other sections or? How did you raise the antenna?

Yes it is 4 inches, and yes I did attach the antenna on the top section, then pushed up each section and bolted them together.

Ahh.. ya like my mobile?? LOLOLOL yeah, I damn near fell over when I saw it too.
I'm surprised, you're the first one to comment on it in a "Positive Manner" :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.