• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Had a cool idea for the case or case's for projects!!!

ElectronTubesRule

Sep 6, 2011
First idea is handles bolted or rivieted to the sides o the case or any other load bearing area.

The second is flip open lid's with Piano hinges or the like and strong easy to work latches.

Why??? Well I figured a lot of guys might have arthritis in their hands and flip open latched top might be easier to get at then trying to work a screw driver or ratchet if your arthritis is acting up.

I was also thinking that Diamond plate aluminum would look really nice as a project box. It can be easily bent, bolted together or not so easily welded.

It is easy to anneal or soften the Aluminium and it could be bent over a 2X4 to make nice right angles if you wanted to bolt or rivet it all together like boiler plate type construction or you could weld it. Once you polished it if you wanted to keep it looking like that with out regular polishing you could spray it with clear coat. Just idea's.

I know I hate caring awkward things so to me handles or if need be caster's make a lot of sense. If my oldest boy had his way he would build a RC Car into the chasis so he could drive it to any place he wanted to move it too....LOL I am picturing a 5KV beast of a power supply moving about the room like a remote control car!!! LOL!!Think of a square R2D2.....If Wizard built did this to his beastly power supply mixed in with his white and blue color scheme would look like a square. rectangular R2D2 robot.....LOL

I like it! I think it will look fantastic with a Scooby Doo Sticker on it. Although a Charlie Brown sticker inside would not hurt either! LOL

I am big on handles.....I am around 6 foot 2 and built like a professional football player so I also get asked to move things. As such I am a huge fan of handles on awkward things like large TV set for instance. I always though refrigerators, sofa's,washer and dryers should come with handles to grip. I mean good machine gun designs always have a built in handle if they intend for you to cary it. Machine guns are far lighter then a TV set. Common sense in design is not so common!LOL

You like handles do you? Here is one cabinet I have plans for sometime when I actually have time to build something. I'm thinking a pair of 4CX250B's would fit nicely in here. As for diamond plate aluminum........... well I'll just say it is certainly not my first choice. Or my second. Not even my third either.

img1169sm.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?