• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hahahaha. radioactive busted by the fcc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilot Travel Centers settled a fine for $90,000 and agreed not to sell any more "10 meter" radios. Actually there's plenty on "Google" if one looks.

http://www.w5yi.org/ama_news_article.php?id=115

A Jack Gerritsen went to JAIL so I guess you could say he "settled" his fine!(y)

A CB operator called "Rabbit Ears" had $40,000 worth of fines and got 8 years in jail. I SAW photos of him in court IN LEG IRONS AND CHAINS!!!!!

All of these can be found on Google.

CWM

So thay all paid a fine. Now they get a nice tax deduction. Oh ya the cost of doing business. so one hand gets a fine and the other hand looses it a total wash. things are still status normal. I can still go out and buy my radio over the internet,truck stop ect. so what's changed?

Pilot Travel Centers settled a fine for $90,000 and agreed not to sell any more "10 meter" radios. Actually there's plenty on "Google" if one looks.

http://www.w5yi.org/ama_news_article.php?id=115

A Jack Gerritsen went to JAIL so I guess you could say he "settled" his fine!(y)

A CB operator called "Rabbit Ears" had $40,000 worth of fines and got 8 years in jail. I SAW photos of him in court IN LEG IRONS AND CHAINS!!!!!

All of these can be found on Google.

CWM

Here is a "Rabbit Ears" story I read awhile back..Looks more like 15 months
probably did 65% of the term of that. Or maybe he operated a SuperWackPacked General Lee
which of course which gave the FEDS cause to make him serve the entire sentence.

Rabbit Ears" The Ham Jammer Gets Jail
He called himself Rabbit Ears on the CB radio. He also harassed ham radio communications on several bands. And now, Jupiter Florida Citizens Band operator William Flippo will spend a total of 15 months in federal prison. He will also pay a $25,000 fine for jamming Amateur Radio communications and transmitting without a license.

um.. you sure LOL..

hope the person who submits that to the irs doesnt get audited..

first eff with the FCC, then the IRS?
shackles.. oh my!
:glare: That explains why the country is in such sad shape, with that mentality. Just think how much money tax payers could save, if the already super huge govt. agencies, could focus on something productive instead of chasing idiots on C.B. and the ham bands.

:glare: That explains why the country is in such sad shape, with that mentality. Just think how much money tax payers could save, if the already super huge govt. agencies, could focus on something productive instead of chasing idiots on C.B. and the ham bands.

If people wouldn't BE idiots, there were would be no NEED to deal with them.

In a nutshell the basic job of government is to reward the good citizens and punish those who would do harm. IMHO, it isn't too hard to discern where most of the radio idiots originate from. It is from that group that the majority of problems arise, and it causes more trouble than ALL the rest of the radio services in the country combined if it were fully and adequately policed. :glare: Unfortunately, this group is not correctly and fully punished for its misdeeds.

And.......................fines are a punishment and thus are not tax-deductable. They are meant to discourage the "Idiots" and make them less willing to take the risk. We just need MORE of the fines.

CWM

HOW is it "incorrect"? Converting a CB radio to work on any HF band for which the operator has license or authorization is perfectly LEGAL. Many CB radios have been converted to operate on 10 Meters and articles in QST provided diagrams on how to do it. Nothing "illegal" about it.

As to following the law, I stand by the original statement. There are about 600,000 licensed hams in the US. In a given month, there are 4-5 hams who receive warning notices, some of which are technical violations, some are regulatory violations. IOW, where someone is actually intentionally violating the rules. These are VERY small in number.

CWM

That would explain the huge number off licensed hams operating on 27.555 usb using AT (Amateur Transmitter) callsigns:headbang:headbang:LOL::LOL:

I never heard any.

Are they UK or US?

All over the world,they ain't exactly broadcasting they are licensed hams but i can assure you most are.in most cases their operating habits give them away like all the special activations,i wonder where that originates from?

Alpha Tango/Sugar Delta,the self proclaimed 11m elite,ironically a large proportion of amateurs in both.

most likely the same guys down the ham club slagging off the 11m,the technical term is hypocrisy.

All over the world,they ain't exactly broadcasting they are licensed hams but i can assure you most are.in most cases their operating habits give them away like all the special activations,i wonder where that originates from?

Alpha Tango/Sugar Delta,the self proclaimed 11m elite,ironically a large proportion of amateurs in both.

most likely the same guys down the ham club slagging off the 11m,the technical term is hypocrisy.

How could you possibly "assure" anyone that they are hams.
Just because the use an international phonetics code?
Sounds like CBer/freebanders trying to sound like they are hams.

You sure sound like you are trying hard to bash hams. What's up with that?

How could you possibly "assure" anyone that they are hams.
Just because the use an international phonetics code?
Sounds like CBer/freebanders trying to sound like they are hams.

You sure sound like you are trying hard to bash hams. What's up with that?
I use ham callsigns all the time, how else is a guy to use his hf rig without a license?

they call me KC20ST, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?