• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Club events

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Do any of your local Amateur Radio clubs put on demonstrations for the public ?

Last night I went to my first club meeting. This group is quite active . There is a local community event coming up and they are planning to set up a SSTV and a Code reader to show some interesting capabilities in Amateur Radio. They are also planning on having a HF and VHF radio set up . They are making arrangements with the Boy Scout troup to be there and demonstrate working in those modes and sharing how Ham communications work. The public will be allowed to talk on the radio. Sort of a mini field day but set up in the heart of town rather than the club. They also have been donated a ambulance van that has been converted into a communications van and that will be at site. In the past this event has brought in new people. I think this is really good for the hobby as I doubt a whole lot of young people today know much of anything about Amateur Radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.