• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Club

skeeterman

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2005
Texas
I attended my 1st Local Ham club meeting tonight. I was greeted "Freebanders welcome" and given a copy of the ARRL study guide. Got to see a little Yeasu 817 portable working on 5 watts inside under floresent lights. Wow! Even found a deal on new LMR 400 coax for 25 cents per foot. The club had purchased a large spool to help the local school club, and had 600' left.
I plan to take the tec test in 2 weeks.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Good deal Skeeter ! I got the book "Now your talking" and read it and took the practice test every night on QRZ.com. You will have to get the book with the new question pool. Hope you do great ! :)

great! i agree with the above, practice the tests at qrz.com. do it 4-5 times a day if possiable. you will notice at first it takes 8-9 min to take a test but in a few weeks it will be down to 3-5 with a 95% or better, get up early on test day and review with more tests. you can never study to hard.

i see they made it now so you can do different tests so you can stay with one untill you learn it, i wish they did that when i was testing.

http://www.qrz.com/p/testing.pl

skeeterman i agree with carl take the QRZ'ed test three or four (or more) times a day and you will soon see an improvment in your test percentage. If you check out "on line ham radio test" near the top of this section it will send you in the right direction. Good luck and if you ever have any questions please feel free to ask.
73,Stu

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.