• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham radio test

SARGE

Dec 26, 2005
TEXAS
I have been looking at the online test, but I also think I need a good book to study, like when at work on lunch break. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Well you didn't say which element,so taking a guess i would say ARRL "Now You're Talking" is what i used. Your local book store may carry it or you can order one from Amazon.

Technician Class Study Guide by Gordon West. It is much easier to study than Now Your Talking. I have both and went with Gordon West. It just doesn't have all the fluff the Now Your Talking has. I think your going to like it better. If you talk to Brewcaptian(Jeff) he has my copy. I thought he was going to need it but, it doesn't look like he will any time soon. Contact him and see if he will send it to you. As long as when your done you ship it back. I will loan it to anybody who is serious about becoming licensed. All I ask is that you take care of it and sign the inside cover and also return it. KI4MSJ( AKA: CDX126)

novakor, CDX126

Thanks for the help. I should have stated that I was studying for my TECH. test. Again thanks for the help.

I second the Gordon West book. It's a real easy read and will explain the questions and answers for you.

I also recommend anything by Gordon West. He is a very good teacher. One thing you might want to keep in mind is that June is the last month for the current Tech question pool. If you are going to procrastinate at all, don't buy the current book. Get the one for the new test.

You will find the information here.

www.arrl.org/arrlvec/pools.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.