• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anyone seen this one before?

Neuron

May 31, 2012
I've had this for many years and worked like a charm until I cooked one of the IC's by keying up my mobile while too close to it. I've tried to find parts for it but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

Attachments

• Misc. 029.jpg
    Misc. 029.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 516

What are the Symptoms?. Usually when a radio gets fried by signal overload it will pop the front end protection diode(s).

What are the Symptoms?. Usually when a radio gets fried by signal overload it will pop the front end protection diode(s).

If it has them and even if it does and they go POP the next stage that gets creamed is the receiver RF amplifier transistor. That is my guess and I couldn't even begin to guess what type or part number it is.

I remember now that is was the amp and out of desperation I replaced it with one from a mobile unit. It worked but with a loud hum and antenna warning light would come on when transmitting. Of course, I stopped using it out of fear that I would cause further damage. I don't remember where I put the original part.

Find that part and Im sure you will have to cross reference it but it looks like a nice radio!! What is it and is it just AM mode?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.