• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have not seen much of this radio

groundwire

Jul 19, 2014
Is this rci radio a sleeper radio or is it junk? I have not seen it in use by anyone. Rangers version of the cobra 29gtl. I love the black with blue display. Im tempted to buy one but a little apprehensive cause nobody runs them. Maybe its just slipping under the radar. Thoughts?TRE-936FFB.jpg

A couple things have me scratching my head. 6 digit freq counter but AM only... no extra channels.. no 10 k jump.. so whats the point? Talkback with no echo.. ?
It looks like the same layout as my TR 696F ssb radio. My bet is its just cheaper to reuse the same tooling and boards on everything rather then do 2 runs for AM and SSB rigs.

Talkback is lame. All these radios should start having a variable control for am carrier & fm. Its what 80% of us need. Not talkback and echo, pshhh. Anyway im gonna order one today. I like it. And if its a dud then oh well. I will kick it to the curb like all the garbage gear i get.

Ok, will do

I have one, just expect it to nearly identical to the galaxy dx 939 inside. Me being a cb guy, I think it looks sharp for being a no frills fcc approved cb radio. Single 520 driving a single 520, 5 watt dk with right under 30 pep and clean on the scope. It's been out for a couple of years but has had no advertising other that what Eric had sent out before got canned.

I have one, just expect it to nearly identical to the galaxy dx 939 inside. Me being a cb guy, I think it looks sharp for being a no frills fcc approved cb radio. Single 520 driving a single 520, 5 watt dk with right under 30 pep and clean on the scope. It's been out for a couple of years but has had no advertising other that what Eric had sent out before got canned.
Is the am modulation and am pwr vr's marked on the board?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.