• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Headlamp magnifier

Okay they’re not Foster Grants, Raybans, or Oakley X square but they do work. On a scale of 1-5, I would rate them a solid 4. The light is very practical and definitely illuminates what you’re viewing. I would say the battery life is very good. I’ve yet to replace them. As with any magnifier, even rifle scopes you have to get the right distance and angle to your viewing surface. I’ve used them to remove surface mount components, inspect traces, boards, solder joints and to solder mic plugs. In fact just a few months ago I had one of those mic wires where the white lead is wrapped in a fine ground shield. They helped me see/find one small strand of shielding that I hadn’t got pulled back/out of the way. The only negative is that they’re “front heavy.” The ear stems aren’t strong enough to apply sufficient pressure to hold them in place so you find yourself having to push them back up to your face.

On another note, don’t let Rwb fool you regarding them helping in finding small parts. Rwb first needs to remember where he placed the parts before he can begin looking for them! LoL…are you feeling the love homey? Hahaha. Rwb you are a great guy and I do enjoy your post sir have a great day.

Brad
KE0XS
South of Pittsburg not PittsburgH (ole Crawdad)

Attachments

• A00EDF45-A5D1-4C13-ABD5-83475B06B07D.jpeg
    A00EDF45-A5D1-4C13-ABD5-83475B06B07D.jpeg
    806.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Pittsburgh, Pa. (the city of Three Rivers) had been called Pittsburgh, with the “H” since at least 1754, as shown by letters from Gen. John Forbes to his British commanders. The spelling no doubt was influenced by the large Scotch-Irish population base that settled here after the British army took Fort Duquesne from the French.

The name remained with the “H” until 1891. The previous year, the U.S. Board on Geographic Names was created to standardize the spelling of the names of cities and towns across the country. They ruled that cities whose names were pronounced “BERG” would officially be spelled “BURG.” If you pull up any official documents after that date, the city of the Three Rivers is known as Pittsburg.

After a hard-fought battle by local historians and officials, pointing out the original spelling of our city and historical roots of the name, the U.S. Board on Geographic Names relented on July 19, 1911, and gave Pittsburgh, Pa., the sole right in the United States to spell its name with an “H” at the end. And so it has remained.

Well who cares…it’s Pittsburg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.