• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heard on Ch. 19 today

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I just thought that everyone would like to know that "Triple Echo" in Southern California was the inventor of Talkback way back in the '60's. I heard him say it on the air today.

It must be true.

:tongue:

that "oughta" earn him a spot on CB Retards hall of fame, or was it CB assholes? either way, he should be proud! :love: (y)

I bet he did like a CB'er around here used to do 35+ years ago. He would talk on one radio and listen to himself on another one setup on a power supply. He would control the feedback squeal with the volume on the monitor radio. Of course sometimes he would record himself while talking and then play it back when he had to go to the bathroom or mix another Coke-a-nola.

I bet he did like a CB'er around here used to do 35+ years ago. He would talk on one radio and listen to himself on another one setup on a power supply. He would control the feedback squeal with the volume on the monitor radio. Of course sometimes he would record himself while talking and then play it back when he had to go to the bathroom or mix another Coke-a-nola.

Yep, that is exactly how he described it. So what you're saying is that "Triple Echo" wasn't the only guy that figured this out? Darn, what a let down...I was sure that I ran into the "inventor of talkback" :sleep:

Yep, that is exactly how he described it. So what you're saying is that "Triple Echo" wasn't the only guy that figured this out? Darn, what a let down...I was sure that I ran into the "inventor of talkback" :sleep:

Who knows?? Maybe he had a second monitor radio to monitor his monitor radio that monitored his station radio.........hence his handle............Triple Echo? :LOL:

I drink it's time for a think, or something like that.

BC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.