• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit HW-100

bigcop1000

May 28, 2012
I just purchased a Heathkit HW-100 radio, the receiver works great but when I switch to the load postion to tansmit it blows 0ne of the 2 amp fuses, (The power supply that I have was a home built PS that I purchased off of E-Bay, it has 3 differerent fuses holders, one for 4 amps and the other 2 are 2 amps, the one that blows is one of the 2 amp fuses ).
I'am hoping someone can help or direct me to someone who knows more about this radio then I do.
P.S.
I have the owners manual a schematic for the radio but not the power supply.
Thanks
Bob

Obviously a short..... could be anywheres, bad final tubes 6146..... also check the red wires underneath coming from the matching loading coil going to the band switch, they had a common failure of melting and shorting together......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated