• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit SB201

May 20, 2019
I was given a SB201. The band switch only has 15M , no 10M. If you want to run on 10/11M what do you have to do? I have put a new capacitor board in it. Transformer checks ok. Have not triad too run it yet, it does light up. Jim/238

Lots of Info: I know. However important info on the possible 50-year-old amplifier. The SB200 and the SB201 are the same amplifier.
The SB201 did NOT have 10 meters installed due to FCC changes in rules at that time.

****If this mod was not done previously (above) the parts for 10m conversion must be obtain and installed.

(The SK-220 safely acts as an amplifier interface to your modern transceiver to the Heathkit SB-220 or SB-221. This unit is mounted inside the amplifier and transforms the 120VDC key (relay) closure circuit to approximately 0.7VDC at 1.5mA. Without it you run the risk of severely damaging the keying circuit in your transceiver.)
GL
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Robalo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.