• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heil mic.

SARGE

Dec 26, 2005
TEXAS
I would like to run a Heil mic on my Kenwood TS930S would like some help with which model to use. Thanks for any help you can provide.

SARGE said:
I would like to run a Heil mic on my Kenwood TS930S would like some help with which model to use. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sarge,

I'm sure any of the available mikes from Heil will be good. I prefer the HC-5 element for SSB. Depending on what you buy, you can spend alot(with all the available accessories) or also be economical. I chose to modify my D-104 desk mike by removing its element and replacing it with an HC-5 element. The modification was pretty straight forward and I am very pleased with the results.

Hope this helps!

Wayne C.

EDUK8TR, thanks for the help , I checked out the mod for the D-104 think I will give it a shot. Thanks again.

Heil Microphone

I use the Heil GM-5 Goldline which gives you a choice of the
narrow or wide element. Great sounding audio when used with
the W2IHY Audio Equalizer.

Only suggestion is do NOT get the '4' element unless you really know why you are buying it.

It's extremely sharp, only good for contesting and pileups. Otherwise it will drive people crazy and they won't want to talk to you ;-).

For a relatively cheap and flexible way in, I really like my Heil Traveler and having pigtails to use it on a bunch of radios is handy too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.