• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello Jeff

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Well Jeff, you just made my day happier hearing your CDX call on channel 16...with that still familiar happy voice. Earlier I heard some local 19 AM bleedover, but never heard any DX or SB working until you started calling.

I was working a new version of the A99, (13" shorter than the Old Original Solarcon and with no added power), all on a 10' foot mast that is right-up beside the South side of my house. I'm sure this setup is not working as good as I would expect, but I was hearing you just fine Jeff...at S9 peaks thru an S5 noise floor at the time.

Tell Moleculo hello and God Bless all you guys on WorldwideDX.

Marconi 39Zero

Eddie
edromans@comcast.net

It was great talking to you Eddie, I had called CQ earlier without hearing anyone call back.
I went to the market and picked up some things for the house and I heard you call.
I instantly knew that voice no matter how much AM heterodyne was piling up in my receiver.
For a antron 10 feet off the ground you sounded like a DX station running stacked beams, yes sir.
Mother nature can make a simple antenna work like the best antenna ever built.
I will continue to listen for you guys out there as the cycle get better.
All the best!

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.