• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello

Just being curious, what is the age of your 2547? My 2547 died at only four-months old. It suddenly lost power as I was monitoring channel 19 on AM.

It is about five years old, but rarely used. (See comments in previous post.) The manufacturer supposedly changed a few things (more than just the cheap components) a few years ago, but I forget which year.

It is about five years old, but rarely used. (See comments in previous post.) The manufacturer supposedly changed a few things (more than just the cheap components) a few years ago, but I forget which year.
I recently sent my radio to a forum member with hopes he can find the problem and repair it. I would like the radio more if there were some backlighting behind the control knobs.

Yes, it is unfortunate that they didn't light it up. Nitro LED rings seem to brighten things up. Here is a DX959 (our DX2547 without the big box!) with the lights installed.

Hello, I'm new here, and have a question.

I have a Galaxy DX2547 Base operating on AC. Everything operates okay, EXCEPT the meter light. I made an assumption that the lamp was "burned out", but when tested, was okay.

All of the LED lights and other lights work. I traced the red and white lamp wire back to the LED board to the pads marked O/P and L+. There is no continuity reading here when the radio is unplugged and I tested with the switch in and out (on and off). There is no power reading here when the radio is turned on.

I was planning to install a LED light in the meter, when I thought it was just a burned out lamp. But now this problem just adds to the mess.

Any ideas?
Go ahead and read my "horror' story about my 2547 and read what happens when a "hacker" tinkers with radios. Look on; CB Radio Modifications and you can read all about my modified 2547.

Hello, I'm new here, and have a question.

I have a Galaxy DX2547 Base operating on AC. Everything operates okay, EXCEPT the meter light. I made an assumption that the lamp was "burned out", but when tested, was okay.

All of the LED lights and other lights work. I traced the red and white lamp wire back to the LED board to the pads marked O/P and L+. There is no continuity reading here when the radio is unplugged and I tested with the switch in and out (on and off). There is no power reading here when the radio is turned on.

I was planning to install a LED light in the meter, when I thought it was just a burned out lamp. But now this problem just adds to the mess.

Any ideas?
Way....way back in 1970 I bought a new Lafayette HB625B 23 channel CB radio which was one of the top rated radios back then. I very seldom looked at the meter when I was driving, but about two weeks later I noticed the meter light did not luminate and it bugged the h*** out of me. I had taken the radio back to the local Lafayette Radio Store to have it repaired under warranty. The first statement the salesman said to me was; quote, "how often do you look at the meter?". I thought about it for a while and I told him to take the damn radio and get it fixed. They sent the radio to the warranty shop / Lafayette Radio Headquarters in NYC. One month later the radio returned with a lighted meter. Was it worth the wait? Yes and no. Similar to the power sliding rear windows in my trucks. I used the function the same day I bought the trucks and will never use it again, but...….I know deep inside, if for some reason I were to open it to clean and it did not open, it would drive me crazy.
I am not a radio / electronic related person and if the light did not work on my radio, I'd probably "let it ride" and live with, but if you have the expertise, tools and knowledge to trouble-shoot and repair with the assistance of the numerous forum members...…...go for it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.