• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help a beginner?

bogieman

Jan 12, 2010
Hey guys I am new to this forum and to radios in general for that matter. I got a uniden pc78xl a while ago, set it up as a mobile and I have been having a blast with it. Anyways I wanted to set up a vertical dipole and I was wondering what the best way of going about this would be. Any information on antennas or instructions on how to make it would be greatly appreciated.

O and before I forget if there is any material to read on cbs or antennas that you would recommend looking at that would be awesome
Thank you.

Thank you very much for the information. I think that I might go with the horizontal dipole instead, if you think of any more info that you think will help me it would be much appreciated.

This looks like a great group of people to ask questions to thank you again.

Thank you very much for the information. I think that I might go with the horizontal dipole instead, if you think of any more info that you think will help me it would be much appreciated.

This looks like a great group of people to ask questions to thank you again.

I would go with a vertically polarized antenna as almost everyone you will be talking to on the CB band will also be running vertical polarization.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.