• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! B&K 1040 cb servicemaster

thumper937

Oct 14, 2015
ohio
does anyone have a copy of the b&k 1040 service manual, parts list, or schematics for this unit or just able to tell me the value of 2 parts R34 and not sure on the other parts location number but its at the junction of R95 see the picture it rides right next to the coil. thanks 49120190331_235132.jpg

Reactions: eric chilton

Attachments

• BK-Precision_1040CB_Servicemaster_SM.pdf
    867.8 KB · Views: 65
  • BK-Precision_1040 Parts List.PDF
    124.1 KB · Views: 51
  • BK-Precision_1040 Schematic.pdf
    606.8 KB · Views: 46
does anyone have a copy of the b&k 1040 service manual, parts list, or schematics for this unit or just able to tell me the value of 2 parts R34 and not sure on the other parts location number but its at the junction of R95 see the picture it rides right next to the coil. thanks 491View attachment 28703
I have one of those myself.IF you still need help let me know.

well my basket case b and k 1040 cb service master is going to be a parts donor to the other one i won on ebay 2 days ago......all the switches on my original one were locked up frozen solid.....i did get 2 of the rotary switches unfroze but there is a double gang pot that was totally trash ....locked up tight and the perf board was cracked and loose on the board.....all the switches and rotary switches and trim pots are long shafts carbon pots ....soldered directly to the board also the slide switches were long leads soldered directly to the board .........so what im saying is they are not available anywhere.......i check with b and k precision and they have no parts for these ........i was going to try and fix this one........... on the slide switches i was going to put screws thru the face plate to mount them....... and then buy some small pcb mountable connectors solder the male part to the pcb and have leads soldered on to the switches and have them where they just plugged in .....that would make it easy to work on next time ......on the carbon pots ....i was just gonna do the same thing mount them to the face plate solder the matching connector to the pcb and make a wire harness soldered to the pot and plug into the connector....i haven't received the other 1040 yet but from the looks of it its way better shape that the first one i got .....hopefully between the two i can get a working one out of it all...........its been a learning experience.........hopefully one day i might be able to fix all the radios i have that need repair..............Eric.............

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.