• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help finding PLL cobra 148 gtl

ddbddg1

Dec 18, 2011
sheridan wyoming
Hi,
I have one of the china 148 gtl`s that has the MMB8719 PLL.
I would like to buy a MB8719 (which I think will work from what i read somewhere)but if i cant get one i need to put in the same one again(MMB8719).
I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find it.
Does anyone know where i can get one?
I figured if anyone knows its you guys here.
thanks
sorry for the duplicate post...i didnt mean for that to happen

Last edited:

Hi,
I have one of the china 148 gtl`s that has the MMB8719 PLL.
I would like to buy a MB8719 (which I think will work from what i read somewhere)but if i cant get one i need to put in the same one again(MMB8719).
I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find it.
Does anyone know where i can get one?
I figured if anyone knows its you guys here.
thanks
sorry for the duplicate post...i didnt mean for that to happen

If this China made 148 is the latest one out right now I would not sink anything into it. These new 148's might end up being bigger turds then the Soundcrapper 148's.

i guess i was looking in the wrong spot on fleabae cause i looked again and found the ones you were talking about.....thanks....anyway i guess ill order one and hope it works...do i have to change anything else to get the mb8719 to work in place of the mmb8719?
i just want the radio to work. the guy i bought this from botched the channel mod and blew the chip... it makes noise but is off on some weird freq. on all channels...i can hear signals sometimes but cant dial them in. The soldering on the chip is a mess but i think i can straighten it out.
anyway thanks for all the help.. I really appreciate it.

Cool deal, at least maybe you can get it to work. If you do give it a very very light tune, like maybe 10 watts PEP. Much beyond that on the new ones and on SSB they warble real bad.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.