• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help in kl 200 p by rm italy

dejaskysdad

May 21, 2013
I have one and the sd1446 is bad I didn't have a spare one but I did have a 2290 and on ssb it hits 100w no problem but on am it hit 40 if I turn dk up from 1.5 to 3 or 4 it just max's out to 40 with no swing now im sure I need o change maybe an input resistor or output one not sure has anybody used a 2290 in one of these?

10-4 trash pile it goes... IMO for the price of the 1446 id rather buy a new kl200p not sure y the 1446 went out in first place but I got it used so theres no tellin......thanks.

I got this kl200-p and a kl-40 the 40 works fine but to small for me I cant use either and there to small to sell lol so in the trash they will go...

The KL/RM amps are better off in the trash. Food in Italy is great but amps from Italy are not. I would ALMOST rather have one of my brand new Cobra 2000 GTLs superwackpacked than use a KLV/RM amp.

Reactions: 1 person
I got this kl200-p and a kl-40 the 40 works fine but to small for me I cant use either and there to small to sell lol so in the trash they will go...

I had a KL-40 in my state Freightliner plow/dump truck hooked up to a radio brand called a "Fuzz Buster" straight 40 am with a great NB. Any way that little 40 made all the difference to being able to talk to my wife on the base through the skip and 30 miles of mountain roads. We would do radio checks at different places with it on and off I would go from loud and strong to lost all together in the skip
every time I turned it off. That Fuzz Buster has loud audio to help be heard also.

Last edited:
The RM amplifiers are very much low end light duty cheap little amplifiers, for the money as an example the KL203 is a super little package. However you must not overdrive them or they go up in smoke, when they do the 40,60,200, & 203 are pretty much throw away amplifiers. A fan really helps too. I'm not totally negative on them but people really need to understand how to run them.

Reactions: 1 person
I had been looking at the KL-203P that DNJ has but for 11 meters that would make it illegal for me to operate one so I'm for having the best base station and mobile antennas and living within those parameters. I even have a couple of locals that want me to get a linear thinking they're trying to be helpful but I'll make the best of what I've got.
Don't have to worry about Big Brother looking over my shoulder.

I had been looking at the KL-203P that DNJ has but for 11 meters that would make it illegal for me to operate one so I'm for having the best base station and mobile antennas and living within those parameters. I even have a couple of locals that want me to get a linear thinking they're trying to be helpful but I'll make the best of what I've got.
Don't have to worry about Big Brother looking over my shoulder.

LOL any amplifier is illegal on 11m, we all already know that.

I can talk 49+ miles when conditions are quiet but that's my choice. I'd love to have some power though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 181
As unpopular as CB is around here, I can go around the band and hear nothing but crickets most of the time.
An amp allows me to broadcast further away to nobody.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.