• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help in making a NEW CB Santa selection

darticus

Oct 17, 2011
Help in making a CB Santa selection
What would be the best pick for a CB for a base if you could buy it. Santa has been asking me questions on what I would want. I do have a tech ham license so this may help you guys that are up on this to make a suggestion. I don't stay up to date on stuff but use the older radios usually. Can you help with a great pick for me. PS Any options to add when buying please include. Thanks Ron

Last edited:

My list From Santa

CB radios. ssb Mobil Uniden 980 for am only Cobra 29lx
For Import Mobil Magnum S45hp or Ranger 2950 DX
Not big on the base radios . You could always get a Kenwood Ts480sat and do the conversion to add 11 meters or the Yaesu radios

One word....

Hilberling

PT-8000A

VLF / HF / VHF
Amateurfunk-Transceiver
RX:
9 kHz ... 30 MHz / 50 ... 54 MHz 69,9 ... 70,5 MHz / 144 ... 148 MHz
110 ... 143,9 MHz
TX:
160 / 80 / 60 / 40 / 30 / 20 / 17
15 / 12 / 10 / 6 / 4 / 2 m-Band
All-Mode • 2x RX • DSP
16-pol analoge + digitale Filter
PA: 200 W | 100 W (HF | VHF)

ZKmVi.jpg

v4rDd.jpg
UKnIT.jpg

qD9po.jpg
HGSBR.jpg

hmmmm

ROBYN EXECUTIVE IN MINT CONDITION OR A MINT GE SUPERBASE....
as far as mobiles i got the best "2950dx-3 and a at-5555"

You can't go wrong with a President Washington. Not all of them have been hacked up and golden screwdrivered into oblivion. Many are still in mint or near mint condition. Just last week I saw a few on ebay that were NOS!

Also worthy of consideration are the Uniden 610 (AM) and 810 (SSB) base radios. These are harder to find but well worth the effort.

There really isn't too much of a selection when it comes to NEW base radios. What little development has occurred has been in the mobile sector.

I had a washington many years ago didnt really like it.It wasnt till i got my 2510 that i fell in love with radio....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.