• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help making this calculating SWR meter?

btu44

Nov 6, 2013
Hello,
I plan I making this 'calculating SWR meter'
http://www.qrp4u.de/docs/en/swr_meter/

I will be using it with my mobile export radio (Optima Mk3) that does not have a built in SWR meter. I was considering a MFJ 925 auto tuner because it has an audio high SWR warning. I have since decided against it because I'm only using this radio on 10 & 11 meters and it does not seem rugged enough for 4x4 off road use.

The antenna is a SST whip with a mast that is manually adjustable from 26.965 - 29.900Mhz. I want to use the calculating SWR meter to give an audio warning if the antenna is in the wrong position and the SWR exceeds 1.8:1.

Does if look like the circuit in the link above could be adapted to do what I want?

Will this circuit work from 4 watts AM to 150 watts SSB without readjustment?

Would someone please explain more about DR1 to me and how to make it?

Here are pictures of 3 different SWR meters I have. Could any of these be used as T1 in the circuit? I prefer to use the "strip lines' instead on the transformer because I think it would handle vibration better.
SWR%20sensor%202.jpg

SWR%20sensor%201.jpg

Thanks for the help :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.