• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help me decide what to restore next.....

Uncle Ronnie 336

Apr 28, 2020
the 25gtl is slowly crossing the finish line. i'm thinkin it will be posted in the gallery and the thread locked. next one i might either post in gallery, or maybe i'll do another thread to allow you guys (the peanut gallery) to interact with me while it happens again, idk. so in the pile i got a few things to work on that would make a good juicy thread. While my bench is a dictatorship and I get the final say, i'm willing to thew ya guys a little scrap of democracy so lets see some voting on what i should jump into next for a slow-roll resto thread

29gtl
140gtl
Courier Spartan SSB 23ch
29XLR (japan)
philly 29ltd I have 2, one needs a spare faceplate and maybe bezel

cobra 89GTL
142 GTL (needs modj regulator)

Reactions: BlackPearlRadio557

the 25gtl is slowly crossing the finish line. i'm thinkin it will be posted in the gallery and the thread locked. next one i might either post in gallery, or maybe i'll do another thread to allow you guys (the peanut gallery) to interact with me while it happens again, idk. so in the pile i got a few things to work on that would make a good juicy thread. While my bench is a dictatorship and I get the final say, i'm willing to thew ya guys a little scrap of democracy so lets see some voting on what i should jump into next for a slow-roll resto thread

29gtl
140gtl
Courier Spartan SSB 23ch
29XLR (japan)
philly 29ltd I have 2, one needs a spare faceplate and maybe bezel

cobra 89GTL
142 GTL (needs modj regulator)
I'll put my 2 cents in for the 29XLR, but then I'm always a sucker for the various mutations of the 858 chassis.

I'm very old school, so the Courier Spartan would be my pick, but it will be the most challenging and expensive. IMO the restoration would include a recap job and the crystal to cover 36-40LSB.

Reactions: secret squirrel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.