• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help me with what I should ask as a selling price.

NightOwl326

Nov 3, 2013
i haven't decided yet for sure, but I have a BRAND NEW Icom ic-7000 that never has even made its way out of the box. I purchased it a while back with a plan for it that never came to be. Health problems and short on time I never did anything with it. What do you guys think I should ask for it if I decide to sell? Just picking your brains. I'm not looking to turn it fast, as I'm sure it would find a good home since they are no longer produced.

Last edited:

When they closed those out, little over a year or so...I paid $1039 NIB with a full factory warranty and the separation kit /mobile brackets for both radio and remote head...
So take that for what it's worth...
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: 222DBFL
people are ASKING $850 - 900, they are actually selling for less on dedicated Amateur sites. there is one on QTH now for $700

Why would I pay more for an E-bay item?

Reactions: 222DBFL
people are ASKING $850 - 900, they are actually selling for less on dedicated Amateur sites. there is one on QTH now for $700

Why would I pay more for an E-bay item?

You wouldn't pay more and neither would I but there are people who get caught up in the auction insanity and pay way more than the actual value of the item. In 2006 I bought an IC-735 with the matching PS and auto tuner at a ham fest all for $325. All pieces in great condition. I sold the set on eBay two years later for over $1000. I had no idea it would sell for that much but it did. I used the money and to buy a brand new FT-450 and IC-718 to compare the two rigs. Two weeks later I sold the 718 on eBay fro $50 more than I paid for it. I think that may have been my last sale on eBay before they made selling a nightmare for anyone other than power sellers/retailers.

I'd say that a NIB IC-7000 could go for $1k on the Bay.

Reactions: 2RT307 and Mudfoot
agree 100%
as a general rule, sell on E-bay, buy somewhere else.

sooner or later someone will take out the good parts, install their burnt out parts, and then say " it doesn't work, give me my money back."

he asks for what we think, and he argues when he doesn't get the answer he wants........ I'm dun
If you call that arguing your skin is wafer thin. As far as warning per selling on eBay, "I appreciate the warning". Have sold for years on eBay and never heard of that one. I have sold allot of stuff, but I never thought of the risk involved selling something like this and I can see your the point. Sorry, I didn't catch your post right above mine.

Would listing an item as no refunds be protection or is there ways around that?

Last edited:
Would listing an item as no refunds be protection or is there ways around that?

Sold on Ebay for years...until about 4 years ago...when all it took was a buyer to tell PayPal...."item not as described" ....and seller had basically no recourse and PayPal would freeze the funds of the sale?(Unless you the seller had 5K+ feedback and made them a ton of money)then all the rules seem to not apply...
Not to mention the continuing FEE increases...enuf said...
GL
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.