• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help on Setup

"I wouldn't mount a 102" steel whip on that Tram mag mount. It won't work, as that antenna needs to see real ground ......... "

hey robb , what results did you get to make you say that ? why would a 10k or wilson work so well on a mag mount but not a full length 1/4 wave whip ?

"I wouldn't mount a 102" steel whip on that Tram mag mount. It won't work, as that antenna needs to see real ground ......... "

hey robb , what results did you get to make you say that ? why would a 10k or wilson work so well on a mag mount but not a full length 1/4 wave whip ?

I agree Booty the Mag mount won't alter the way it performs unless it was a 2" magnet

That is what happened; I didn't explore it further. My bad.
Truth is, the triple-mag mount didn't like it for some unknown reason. I was just putting a bunch of different antennas on the mount trying it out, and all of them worked (including your beloved 'Firestik').

I was premature in saying what I did. That is true. Just a bit annoyed at that moment since I was hoping it would allow me to just throw on it and run with it. Used the 6" spring too. Checked it with the MFJ-259B to boot. Perhaps not enough capacitance with the mount? Still don't know. When I have a chance to flog it further and determine the cause, I will post my findings. All of the other antennas did fine. Can't check it ATM. Any suggestions on where I might find a fault?

ive never had a firestick , let alone loved one :LOL:
nor do i intend to . :thumbdown:

it would be interesting to know why every other antenna did fine on your install but the 108 wouldn't work . btw ....... when you say "It won't work" do you mean really crappy performance compared to the others ? or that the other antennas just did a little better ?

it would be interesting to know why every other antenna did fine on your install but the 108 wouldn't work . btw ....... when you say "It won't work" do you mean really crappy performance compared to the others ? or that the other antennas just did a little better ?
SWR off the scale; the others were fine.
Put a coil type (like a Predator) antenna on it and worked just fine - still puzzled :blushing:
I'll get around to trying again this week . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.