• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with my new CB

• Thread starter diabolisinfernum
  • Start date
D

diabolisinfernum

ok i am fairly new to CB radios...and i bought one and my friend has one so we hooked them up the other day....and mine can recieve but cant send...and he can send but not recieve from me. he has an old school midland 23 channel and i bought a maxon 40 channel with a whip antenna......his antenna is some 15 dollar shite thing from walmart that looks like a cell phone antenna.....is there compatibility issues or antenna problems? just wondering if anyone could help out......thanks alot

- Justin

</p>

ok i am fairly new to CB radios...and i bought one and my friend has one so we hooked them up the other day....and mine can recieve but cant send...and he can send but not recieve from me. he has an old school midland 23 channel and i bought a maxon 40 channel with a whip antenna......his antenna is some 15 dollar shite thing from walmart that looks like a cell phone antenna.....is there compatibility issues or antenna problems? just wondering if anyone could help out......thanks alot

- Justin

</p>

one more thing here Justin;you guys weren't sitting right next

to each other were you?(cars beside one another) that will also cause problems.take a spin around the block and try them out and see what happens.you can saturate(overload)

the front end of a radios reciever being too close like this and

may/may not make the radios operate correctly.

keep asking questions and playing around with the radios and you'll eventually get it figured out.besides,you and your friend will get a good learning experience and have a boatload

of fun doing this.be careful tho;IT CAN BE ADDICTIVE!!!LOL!!!

good luck.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

one more thing here Justin;you guys weren't sitting right next

to each other were you?(cars beside one another) that will also cause problems.take a spin around the block and try them out and see what happens.you can saturate(overload)

the front end of a radios reciever being too close like this and

may/may not make the radios operate correctly.

keep asking questions and playing around with the radios and you'll eventually get it figured out.besides,you and your friend will get a good learning experience and have a boatload

of fun doing this.be careful tho;IT CAN BE ADDICTIVE!!!LOL!!!

good luck.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: