• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with roger beep module ID and wiring.

romakdaddy

Jul 2, 2009
found this in a uniden pro510 a friend gave me.i had to unhook it due to a short that turned out to be two resistors touching causing a constant keyup.problem is i didnt note where all the wires connected.i know the red and grey are power and the blue was hooked to rec on the mic plug.i believe the 2 white wires go to mod and the yellow should be key but i need confermation.
PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

any roger beep has to be wired thru the transmit line .nothing should go to receive i doubt .
i am thinking the yellow and blue wires are the transmit split .you need to unhook the transmit wire at the plug and solder the yellow wire in its place ,then solder the wire you removed to the leftover blue wire .
the white should be audio .
the white with stripe is probably to go thru a switch to ground to disable the beep .
its gonna be a trial and error type hookup since you didnt check the pinout when unhooking it .

trace the yellow and blue wire on the board and see if both go to opposite sides of the relay (looks like they do),if so then those be your transmit make/break wires.

good luck .maybe try on a old radio you dont care much about first befor trying to install in a radio you do care for .

Blue should go to RX (Pin 4 on most cobra/uniden 4pins)
Yellow should go to TX (Pin 3 on above)
White should go to Audio (Pin 2)
Red/Black to 12v/ground respectively

I think the above poster was correct that if you ground the white striped wire it will disable the beep, but I can't be 100% on that.

Somewhere I have the installation instructions for that board, If I can find it this weekend I'll post and confirm.

Digging this up from the dead because I have 4 of those boards I received for cheap.

On mine, the white wire feeds into the mic circuit audio and the white/green when grounded, sets the relay, then when the ground is removed, creates the beep.

I don't even have the blue or yellow on mine. But then again it does have provisions for wires to go there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.