• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with swr

B

bspn2

i have a 102" wip installed with ballmount and spring on roof of my truck. it's towards the back of the roof. my swr is hight but it gets lower when i aim the wip towards the front or back of truck any ideas on how to get the swr any lower with it straight up.

"when ya got it, you got it"

xxb1.jpg
</p>

If the whip has a corona ball, you don't want to cut that off. Also the whip is tapered, more flexible at the top. If you cut off the flexible part, the whip will be more sturdy, making it give less than it would otherwise when you whack it on something like a low hanging tree branch. That's my two cents anyway.

Moleculo

</p>

Ever rub your hair with a balloon and stick it to a wall?What happens after a few minutes? The non-conducting balloon redistributes the static generated from the friction between the hair and the rubber balloon and it slowly bleeds off.Is a ping pong ball the best static discharge ball? No. Will it do as described under normal use? Yes. I had a buddy years ago that had a problem with his 102 whip building up static after he cut the static ball off while trimming it.He figured what the heck and poked a ping pong ball on top to keep from poking out an eye when he laid the whip down.No more static build up problem.

FT-857_web.jpg
Garth 9VE01 PE993 CDX993 Learn from others mistakes.You can not live long enough to make them all yourself.</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.