• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with tower identification

Dart

Oct 18, 2012
Hello all,

I just picked up roughly 75' of tower that I was told was manufactured by Rohn. I plan on doing some sanding and throwing on some new aluminum paint this weekend.

Can anybody help me with identifying this model of tower? It is a free standing tower, with the large base that tapers upwards. The reason I am asking is that I will need a top section for this tower and some sort of base mount.

Thanks for any assistance!

14cr2b9.jpg

2zh429t.jpg

Looks like HBX (ROHN or older SPALDING) Mine is similar HDBX (heavy duty version)...
Look on the sections see if you find any numbers "Stamped" in the metal...Each section will have a number if it is one of the above....
Hopefully it is ROHN...if it's SPALDING the two companies are not compatable and Spalding was purchased by ROHN many years ago and changed the size slightly...so pieces from one brand to the next don't quite fit...
Guess how I know!
All the Best
BJ

Looks like HBX (ROHN or older SPALDING) Mine is similar HDBX (heavy duty version)...
Look on the sections see if you find any numbers "Stamped" in the metal...Each section will have a number if it is one of the above....
Hopefully it is ROHN...if it's SPALDING the two companies are not compatable and Spalding was purchased by ROHN many years ago and changed the size slightly...so pieces from one brand to the next don't quite fit...
Guess how I know!
All the Best
BJ

Great info! Thanks for the help.

I am going to check for any numbers tonight. I also hear that Rohn made an AX tower, which is very similar to the BX version. I have no idea how to tell them apart. If I'm going to try and find a top section that will fit, I better find a way to figure it out. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.