• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with Uniden Washington Mods

Mar 28, 2006
I'm getting a uniden washington with extra channels. And I was wondering a couple of things. First I wonder if I could get a freq. counter to work on it? And if so where can I find one, I would like the kind that just works through the coax. And also I have heard but I may be wrong but does this radio have the same board in it as a Cobra 29 or 148? The reason I ask I'm going to have a little money to put in it and I may order one of the 40watt mod. kits for it. But I can not find one that says it's for the washington. I understand that this mod. is just a ERF-2030 final and a EN-1230 tran. so shouldn't this work on about any radio? I will be getting a tech from here to put it in for me and I have asked him about the 40 watt mod a few weeks ago and he didn't really know much about it. But he said if it came with instuctions it would be no problem. Thanks for the help Rick

I dont think these boards are an exact match but are simular I know that the (VR) Variable Resistors for the tuning and settings are labled differentI would ask Justin or one of the other techs that are familiar with that chassis radio about it to be absolute. They had different models on these and or board changes along with PLL chip changes on these.

Thanks Tony
I'm new here so how would I go about asking Justin? There are a lot of Washingtons still around so hopefully someone would have instructions on how to do this mod.If it can be done. Thanks again for the help. Rick

Just go to the Communications experts section and ask in there he will get back to you but it wont be until tonight im in wisconsin hes in california so hes 2 hours behind me as far as time goes he usually gets home at 8:30 PM his time so its 10:30 here so for me he answers my questions later in the evening.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.