• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Henry amp

ss396

Mar 9, 2008
This is my first post what is the Best henry amp for AM use I want an
amp that can do it ALL AM/FM/SSB/CW hOW much should i pay for a
3k ultra or premier I like the 3cx1200 tube. 10m-160 Thanks you

Henry Amplifier

ss396,
You might want to call radiodan. He can be reached at www.radiodan.com and is a Henry dealer. He can probably tell you about what they are going for. I own a Henry 5K Classic and can only tell you what I paid for mine. $3500 I got lucky to say the least and the gentleman I bought it from had just rebuilt it. All I can say is the darn thing is a horse (make that BEAST!) 100 watts P.E.P. in = 1500 RMS out on my bird. :) Legal limit with a measly 50 watts driving the beast. Be forewarned the big Henry's make lots of heat. 1250 watts of heat dissipation per tube, pretty much a big hair dryer on HIGH all the time. Mine will heat a 24 x 24 foot shack!!! I have to agree with you on the 3cx1200a7 they are one tough tube to say the least. Very forgiving, easy to tune and can key down all day LONG! Mine is staying RIGHT here till they pry my cold hands off of her. Good luck on your search.

Shane

Last edited:
Since Henry is no longer in the amateur amp business the supply has pretty much dried up. Those who still own a Henry are not willing to part with them cheaply. Be prepared to spend a fist full of money if/when you do find what you are looking for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.