• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here is a FASCINATING ARTICLE about Antartica!!

I think it's the first time I've ever heard of a 'sandstorm' at the south pole, or the north pole. Wonder what else wasn't described accurately? So, the accuracy of this 'report' is questionable. In other words, B.S.
- 'Doc

I agree with Doc. Just an ordinary SANDSTORM?? In Antarctica?? There is nothing ordinary about a sandstorm in Antarctica. I also agree with Doc about the BS part.

Also this: "The program was resumed in 1987 when the Institute already functioned on the territory of the Soviet Union. A tragedy occurred on August 30, 1989: an extremely strong explosion sounded at the Institute's branch office on the Anjou islands. The explosion destroyed not only the experimental module of 780 tons but also the archipelago itself that covered the area of 2 square kilometers."

An explosion that destroyed over 2 sq. Km of land. I am quite sure we would have heard about that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.