• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hey tramDR

Walkin' the dog
Sep 12, 2009
Chilliwack, BC
www.youtube.com
I would reverse all that third tube stuff and put it back to factory.
That lawnmower orange cord and that transformer is not ideal.
Anyway youtube banned me from commenting on the platform so I had to shout out here.
Theres tons of pictures on here and people know all about this stuff on here I hope you get it looked after.
Nomad will probably know the inside scoop on the bias for am.

God Bless

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

You know, it's the first time that I've seen an ameritron modded to get a third tube. While I think it's a silly mod, the upside is you get an extra 500w of plate diss Even if you don't look for extra wattage out. That to me is really where it would shine.

Dare I say it, but date codes on the HV filter caps are 2002. Date code on the HV transformer is 2002 also. And it's the stock 2-tube HV transformer. MFJ part number is printed on the label. Peter was Ameritron's contract supplier for that part at the time. No hint that the filament supply was boosted from 30 Amps to 45 Amps. Filter caps old enough to buy a drink may still be okay. Frequently depends on mileage.

This is a project undertaken by someone who didn't consider the arithmetic first, and put it aside incomplete.

Who knows, maybe someone pointed out the arithmetic error to the silent key who started it? Might be why it didn't get "completed".

Not that you could consider it complete with the original transformers anyway.

Never mind the negligible on-the-air benefit it would represent.

Just can't fight the "Mo is bettah" fantasy.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.