• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HF Amplifier

SR385,
Put the thing on 220/240 volts, it does very well. Won't get any more out of it, just makes it easier on the house wiring (if yours is like my house wiring), and operates more efficiently, sort of. The plate voltage really gets 'stiffer'.

Yeah that's exactly my reasoning, I was honestly shocked that I could pull it through the same circuit as a 50A Astron supply and all the rest of my shack gear without tripping the breaker....just because it works doesn't make it right. It does a fair job of dimming lights if I run it at 700+. I generally just tune for max and drive it for 500 or so anyway.

I run a net on it and rag chew pretty frequently, so it gets a fair workout. So far so good.

Ameritrons are nice I have one but also own a YAESU FL-2100B which is also a fast tunning amplifier simple and extremely reliable

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.