• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi, I am new here and I dont know how start.

wls27mhz

Mar 24, 2013
IM77HQ
wls27mhz.jimdo.com
My name is Ana, from south of Spain.
I need help for start to move in the forum and meet the people.
My 11m dx callsign is 30mr002, in HAM I am the operator 77.696 (I do not have my own official callsing yet) and in radio listener is EA7 002SWL.
Thanks for accept me and best regards.

88's

Ana,
Welcome to the forums.
You are on the right track By posting as you did, Meeting or even talking to people on the air will happen. Here on the WEST coast (AZ) for me I hear Spain in the mornings Until early afternoons mostly on 12-17 meters as I do not have a 11 meter antenna up right now and 10 has not been good for me.

73,s

Welcome to the forum and to the world of ham radio !!

Feel free to ask any questions you need to , that is what we are here for !!
You will find information on almost anything ham or CB radio related somewhere in this forum.

Hope to catch you on the air soon !!

Welcome to the forum. I see you posted your grid square as IM77HQ so I know close to where you are. Many years ago I visited your fine country and spent time from Grenada down to the coast to Nerja and all the way down to Tarifa. Beautifull country and nice people. (y)

Yes, beautiful country indeed. My visit to Granada was not as a tourist. I could see myself retiring in Spain. I speak enough Spanish to keep myself out of trouble.

BTW, enjoy your stay. I liked your list of crappy radio's. Had you posted them earlier, I might have saved some money.

Thanks! Is good know peple that has visited to Spain and Andalucía. I am living in Sevilla province, in a little town called Peñaflor, not is a turistic place.
I am searching info about the worst radios equipment around the wold beucase I had a problem with the quality of some equipmens when I try to repair then.
Sometimes I think I am too fuzzy with the radio things and I am interested in know more about technical, history and culture about CB, HAM and all about other radiocomunications.

Hola y bien venido a el foro!

What do you mean you are too fuzzy with the radio things?
Like you like them alot?

Maybe this will get some talk going for you here:

I think that there can be a bad radio in just about any type of radio being built today and in the past. One has to know some basic operating principles in order to determine if something is wrong. Except for the obvious when it won't turn on.

There are stories I have heard that you would not want to buy a radio produced on Monday or Friday because the workers tend to not be concentrating 100%. On Monday everyone is tired from the weekend and maybe lacking sleep, kind of like jet lag from flying...and on Friday workers are thinking on the big party they are going to have that weekend. Laugh out loud...hope this gets something going here for you other wise look around the forum and use the search function or just ask.

adios

lol
I am a few "maniatic" with the radios.
An stupid example: when someone give me a radio for fix, the first thing is clean it with a wet sterilized for babies towel externally and open it in a open place (I hate the tobacco odour).
I dont know why some equipments has bottoms same a bad quality children toys and I hate touch then :( really fuzzy with it.
I am searching other opinions about the equipments beucase in my country allways I hear the same song about the same and I am not learning anything now.
Here people calls me "White Lion" I am a strange YL, I like electronic, radio, fix and install antennas.
In fact, I am alone I havent other cb stations in more 60 km and I am the only YL in more 300 KM2.

Uh-oh. From the link:"Geeky graybeards will remember that the first CompuServe chat forum was called "CB Simulator."

Although there is some gray in my beard and I never considered myself to be a geek I do remember that CB Simulator. Maybe everyone else was right. I was a geek after all. :cry:

I don't recall the simulator, but I remember Compuserve. It was a long distance number. Big phone bills surfing what little there was.

Crikey, you guys are showing your age! Especially you 42 with that long beard of yours. LOL

I remember when I took a couple computer classes in the 80's, i thought i might get edumucated and the computer processing room was like a whole building floor! Well I got my phd-in post hole digging! and i live out in the country so it suits me good now

I do remember fooling around with net meeting when it was in it's infancy. It was kinda like radio. Voip. I used to try and call relatives to try and save long distance charges. Most of the time it did not work very well...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.