• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Hidden" Feature of the Magnum OmegaForce S45

I'm waiting for him to review the A-99.

dsc00374_small_434.jpg

I see you've already come across my A99 special upgrade modification.(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 1 person
Well then maybe we could catch his haggis on fire :cry:

I'm not minded to take too much guff from "men" who wear skirts
25r30wi.gif

funnily enough every time I talk to an american they claim to have skirt wearing ancestors,then proceed to ask me if I know Shuggie Mc Glumpher from Glasgow or Edinburgh like they are two quaint little villages,pmsl.despite the fact they have populations of around 1 million people.

Just incase anyone is still under that illusion Glasgow is the second city of the British Empire,the third or fourth highest populated city in the uk dependng on what census you read.

if it wasn't for men wearing skirts you wouldn't have much of a life,seeing as we invented tv,taramac,penicillin,telephone,motion pictures,radar,insulin,steam engine,bicycle,ultrasound,mri scanners,refrigerators,lawnmowers,god your understanding of electromagnetics would still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for james clerk maxwell,another scot.who incidentally invented colour photographs too.

if it wasn't for scots the world would still be a very sick cave dwelling place to live.just about every comfort you have in your nice american homes was invented by a skirt wearing scotsman.even when you take a dunk the flushing toilet was a scottish invention so without us you'd be up to your kness in sh!t by now,lol.

we even invented the bank of england,lol.

maybe if you read just what we have given the world you might be prepared to accept some of our guff,in the same way you accept everything else we gave to haul the rest of the world out of the stone age.:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Scottish inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Don't knock one - unless you've tried one.
Unless you enjoy your 'sour grapes'...

Simply put, this is easily my favorite radio to date, and I've got a decent collection. Not to forget, the ones I've owned in the past - too. They are making some fine radios these days. The SSB function on this radio is xlnt...AM is bodacious w/D104-TUP9...don't use the roger beep...Echo is very clean/great when turned down low and turned off when on SSB...make skip contacts with ease and collect tons of flowers...you should try one if you haven't talked yourself out of it already...

I got mine used and already set up. I use it in 10 meters and get xlnt reports. So what if it is blue, it is easy on the eyes and easier to read.

I consider myself very savvy to electronics, especially anything audio. (Used to have a small but successful recording studio 10 years ago) Did a LOT of research before I bought it, and grabbed it when I found one. Right move - too...

we have a saying in Scotland,self praise is no honour,
the bible also carries a very similar phrase:
_pop_d.gif

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth.

i love sour grapes by the way,we call it buckfast.

funnily enough every time I talk to an american they claim to have skirt wearing ancestors,then proceed to ask me if I know Shuggie Mc Glumpher from Glasgow or Edinburgh like they are two quaint little villages,pmsl.despite the fact they have populations of around 1 million people.

Just incase anyone is still under that illusion Glasgow is the second city of the British Empire,the third or fourth highest populated city in the uk dependng on what census you read.

if it wasn't for men wearing skirts you wouldn't have much of a life,seeing as we invented tv,taramac,penicillin,telephone,motion pictures,radar,insulin,steam engine,bicycle,ultrasound,mri scanners,refrigerators,lawnmowers,god your understanding of electromagnetics would still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for james clerk maxwell,another scot.who incidentally invented colour photographs too.

if it wasn't for scots the world would still be a very sick cave dwelling place to live.just about every comfort you have in your nice american homes was invented by a skirt wearing scotsman.even when you take a dunk the flushing toilet was a scottish invention so without us you'd be up to your kness in sh!t by now,lol.

we even invented the bank of england,lol.

maybe if you read just what we have given the world you might be prepared to accept some of our guff,in the same way you accept everything else we gave to haul the rest of the world out of the stone age.:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Scottish inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well done sir!

Don't forget also that the Scottish Regiments are the ones that built the greatest empire the world had ever known at the time.

YouTube - Billy Connolly - A Wee Afgani

we have a saying in Scotland,self praise is no honour,
the bible also carries a very similar phrase:
_pop_d.gif

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth.

i love sour grapes by the way,we call it buckfast.

Ummm...I pretty certain that you've missed the point...

I'll make it simple for you...This is a decent radio...Don't knock it unless you've tried it...I'm not polishing my buttons - I don't have any - nor do I seek or want any praise - no way...What I wrote was an apt observation after owning it for a year...There is no 'self' in this...Your mucking with a member of the Buchanon clan...

:blink:

Last edited:
Ummm...I pretty certain that you've missed the point...

I'll make it simple for you...This is a decent radio...Don't knock it unless you've tried it...I'm not polishing my buttons - I don't have any...What I wrote was an apt observation after owning it for a year...There is no 'self' in this...Your mucking with a member of the Buchanon clan...

:blink:

As a descendant of the Clan Campbell the most feared clan in Scotland and direct descendants of the kings of Scotland including Robert Bruce i'd say your a bit out your depth,pmsl.

incidentally Buchanon is actually spelt Buchanan and clan comes before the name not after it.

oh and by the way, I have tried the omegafarce,detafarce and 257 and wasn't impressed by any of them,in much the same way my descendants were unimpressed by clan Buchanan.

As a descendant of the Clan Campbell the most feared clan in Scotland and direct descendants of the kings of Scotland including Robert Bruce i'd say your a bit out your depth,pmsl.

incidentally Buchanon is actually spelt Buchanan and clan comes before the name not after it.

oh and by the way, I have tried the omegafarce,detafarce and 257 and wasn't impressed by any of them,in much the same way my descendants were unimpressed by clan Buchanan.

Why didn't you say that you've already tried it in the first place?
I would have let it go with that.
Fine; you don't like - and I do.
Whatever...

Last edited:
Now I can really care less about the topic(s) in this thread, I am just saying

It seems political/religious which will get it moved to another section.

You guys tell me?

Now I can really care less about the topic(s) in this thread, I am just saying

It seems political/religious which will get it moved to another section.

You guys tell me?

the clans of scotland are neither political or religious,more historical and family orientated.

yeah Rob i've tried most magnums,and the build quality leaves a hell of a lot to be desired,not to mention they are fiddly to get around the frequencies on as the vfo isn't of the continuous variety like a president lincoln/2830.they are also very unreliable,especially the deltafarce and trying to locate parts for them is nothing short of a nightmare if it isn't a generic cb part.

But hey,each to their own.

You could have never looked at a OmegaForce board; or you simply wouldn't have said that. It has the the best quality fiberglass board - that I've only seen in this radio and no other CB - that's for sure. No 'surface mount technology' in this radio; all the parts are major brands/quality. I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with it - as if you can't tell by now. Can't say that about the DeltaForce though - never owned or used one.

Three ERF2030's for the output gives ~60+ honest watts output. This is no monkey radio - all gorilla parts here. A Lincoln is a bear to get the display for if it should fail - I turned down one because of such a failure. Besides that, I am not so hip to LCD S/RF meters. The OmegaForce has both a LCD meter AND an analog one. The controls on it are a mixture of soft buttons/menus and analog dials. As the Lincoln becomes more rare with failing parts that cannot be replaced - the OmegaForce may take its place. Other radios being made - like the Galaxies - are proving to be winners more and more as well. I also own a Galaxy DX99V - AND a new edition to my collection - the Galaxy DX95t2. But that is another subject...I might start a thread on that one in a couple of weeks after using it awhile...

Scotland - never political - and being a part of the UK? Time has changed this also - hasn't it? Oliver Cromwell was both a close friend and political ally of my predecessor - William Wadsworth. (He almost married Cromwell's sister) But came to the Colonies in 1632 to have a new beginning away from the crown and the influences of the Catholic Church. Which had infiltrated, usurped, and influenced power in all of the British Rule. One of William's sons - a Capt. Joseph Wadsworth in the Connecticut Guard - both stole and hid the Connecticut Charter in defiance of the Crown's rule of the Colonies. The 'Charter Oak' became the groundwork for America's first Constitution. I am a direct descendant of his. So - please don't say that those of us of the Buchanan Clan/Scots aren't up to a fight or amount to much - that wouldn't be neither fair or correct. They would have to be; to wear skirts, strangle an octopus, and parade around with it like the rest of the lot.
:D:D:D:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
yeah,i get the subtle impression you like the omegafarce.

I'm sure as the lincoln becomes more rare president will bring out something to replace it.i don't disagree parts are hard to obtain for it too and like most presidents if you can get the parts they are very expensive.

i can't see any magnums directly replacing any presidents here in europe,but then we don't use AM here so all the audio trimmings ain't really appreciated here.

pity you guys are so hung up on AM because you denied yourself a superb radio in the president jackson.but with low level AM it never stood a chance in the land of overmodulation and splatter.

As for galaxy's,yeah they are decent radio's,probably the pick of the crop of recent releases.

i never said clan buchanan weren't up for a fight,most Scots are,its what we do best,its just they ain't in the same league as clan campbell,but no doubt more than a match for them down south of hadrians wall.one of two walls the mighty roman empire built to keep the scots from leathering them,lol.

But we can still rise now,
And be the nation again,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

"Alba Gu Brath"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.