• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Home Brew Gain Master video

Gain-master has become a popular diy antenna,
its probably the best performing & widest bandwidth 5/8 you can make on a tight budget with no tools providing you can give it some height & space,

bear in mind the stub only corrects the match from the match point back towards the radio,
vswr above the stub is alway high so they won't handle high constant power unless you use better lower loss coax for the stub up to the top wire radiator.

I wonder how that Gain Master type design would work with RG 393 Coax, surly you could run more power to it. But at its price of 9 US Dollars and up there goes the cheap and easy part out the window. If one wants to play, one must pay. The Physics of gettin out.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.... "Next Gas 150 Miles"

Reactions: tecnicoloco
rg393 would be great choice if money is no object, an aluminum tube version using 393 even better,

my top coupling cap is rg393,
i don't have a long enough piece of 393 to swap out the high vswr section of coax from stub to feed-point,
otherwise it would be gone & my gain-master would handle 500w FM as sirio claim.

i will replace that section with westflex 103 next time it comes down.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
i made one a while ago and put it up in a buddys tree, worked great. i also made a 6m version for local use and it also worked great up about 50' in a pine tree

i didnt use any pole, just strung them up in a tree and i used rg-213 for the matching stub

also instead of splitting the coax and having to solder in the matching stub and seal it all back up i just used a uhf(so-239) T connector with a uhf (pl259/so239) 90 adapter , this makes it really easy to change out matching stubs for testing

Last edited:
How do you guys support these long antennas using heavy coax like 213, etc.?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated