• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew Dipole Antenna

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Thanks Tammy ! Just as Scout said the pictures and specs really put things together for me !

sonwatchersig.gif

God bless you all !

CDX-897

OT-897

WV-897

CM-2368

AK-1897</p>

Thanks Tammy ! Just as Scout said the pictures and specs really put things together for me !

sonwatchersig.gif

God bless you all !

CDX-897

OT-897

WV-897

CM-2368

AK-1897</p>

Tammy, now that you've got a vertical, and a dipole up, why not try making a wire loop that's suspended from all those trees around your property? Actually, for 11m, it wouldn't even have to be that big.

Moleculo

</p>

Tammy, now that you've got a vertical, and a dipole up, why not try making a wire loop that's suspended from all those trees around your property? Actually, for 11m, it wouldn't even have to be that big.

Moleculo

</p>

Recently the topic of making a simple dipole antenna came up in chat. Several members shared how to make the dipole for those of us interested. I however have a stubborn "minds eye" sometimes and am one of those folks that need illustrations. With the combined efforts of Mike, Jay, Chris and a few others I was able to bring up the image on my "screen" hehehe. BIG THANKS GUYS!

During my surfing I found excellent diagrams of exactly what was explained to me and I posted them to my webshots as promised.

The dipole recipe

community.webshots.com/ph...5277ghmBUX

The feedline connection to the wire

community.webshots.com/ph...8679vaJqrx

The calculator used to determine wire length

www.qsl.net/w4sat/calc.htm

Antenna Elmer site

www.qsl.net/w4sat/antenna.htm

I hope this helps another member with an interest in homebrew.

73's

Tammy

Delta Force 2002

D-104 T-UG8

IMAX 2000 - Base

Wilson 1000 -Mobile

hilltopsig.jpg

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hilltopr>HillTopR</A> at: 10/14/03 11:45 am

Recently the topic of making a simple dipole antenna came up in chat. Several members shared how to make the dipole for those of us interested. I however have a stubborn "minds eye" sometimes and am one of those folks that need illustrations. With the combined efforts of Mike, Jay, Chris and a few others I was able to bring up the image on my "screen" hehehe. BIG THANKS GUYS!

During my surfing I found excellent diagrams of exactly what was explained to me and I posted them to my webshots as promised.

The dipole recipe

community.webshots.com/ph...5277ghmBUX

The feedline connection to the wire

community.webshots.com/ph...8679vaJqrx

The calculator used to determine wire length

www.qsl.net/w4sat/calc.htm

Antenna Elmer site

www.qsl.net/w4sat/antenna.htm

I hope this helps another member with an interest in homebrew.

73's

Tammy

Delta Force 2002

D-104 T-UG8

IMAX 2000 - Base

Wilson 1000 -Mobile

hilltopsig.jpg

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hilltopr>HillTopR</A> at: 10/14/03 11:45 am

it will work like that-- just set it up for whatever polarity you want to run-- it should work ok like that way for horizontal-- might work a bit better off the roof but technically it should work-- just maybey not at its optimumj

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.