• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew External *S* Signal Meter for 27mhz

JC_enfield

Sep 17, 2009
Hi all,

Not been on here for a while so happy new year etc.

I have a friend who has a radio with a digital RF signal meter.... basically he doesn't like it and is tempted to go buy a new radio as a result.

does anyone have any plans on making a external inline Signal meter. I have about 5 needle meters from old CB radios in a box of junk and was hoping I could knock something up.

any plans or circut diagrams etc would be much appreciated :)

Many thanks

Replacing a digital S/RF display with an analog meter can be done, but it requires getting into the radio circuits.

analog.meter 1.jpg

Install an spdt miniature RCA jack on the rear panel of the radio and wire it as shown above. Try to use a meter that gives the same readings as the LED display. This way when the Analog meter is unplugged the LED display will display the correct readings. If the analog meter requires more or less drive, the sampling circuits will have to be readjusted, so the LED display will no longer be in calibration

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.