• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homemade Antenna

CB_User

May 5, 2007
Ohio
pyroforum.forumcircle.com
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to these forums and somewhat new to CB Radio, I have a Cobra 38 Handheld CB Radio, I got it about a month ago and have had quite alot of fun using it ever since, Anyway, My current antenna setup was a Rubber Duck antenna that came with the CB, And I haven't had enough money to buy a telescopic antenna for it so I decided to try and make my own, It worked out great! Here's How I Did It:

My antenna has three sections-Top-Middle & Bottom which connects to the CB, So, I took the top and middle sections off of it leaving the bottom part of the antenna, Then I took a wire coat hanger and I shpaed the coat hanger to be a almost straight wire, then I inserted it into the bottom half of the antenna then stuck the coat hanger out the window (with the CB being in the house) and it works great! It's not as good as buying a actual antenna but better than what I had which was a 6' rubber duck antenna, So, What does everyoen think about this?

Thanks,
CB_User

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.