• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Honda Rincon "Quad ATV" CB install

I finally got this hooked up right. The wiring, coax etc are all under the plastic body panels. I did wire the radio +- straight to the battery instead of the cig lighter outlet which just happens to be a outlet which is keyed. This would not be so good when sitting around the camp site. I got the radio cheap just in case it gets ruined $13.00 ebay Radio Shack. I do have some very good mobile's on the shelf but to nervous about drowning them. I silicone'd what I could for rain and snow no problem. I don't ride like I used to like crossing streams that are deeper than my quad and since we moved the Quad Plow "snow plow" is the only way we can get in and especially out to get to town in the winter. My driveway is so steep nobody will chance plowing it so the Quad has become more than a fun thing. Also good for pullen trailers. Anyway I can easily reach a friends base station 23 miles away and today I took a short ride to get on top of the Hill/Mountain that I am shaded by and talked to everyone that was out there that was about 7 base units farthest I talked was a good 40 miles. I also am a Search/Rescue volunteer. Pics coming soon

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

back in about 1987 I had a suzuki quad sport and put a radio on it. back then you could buy a weather proof case for a motorcycle. it was made of plastic and had a front on it that would fold up and down . it was a smoke glass type front and you could see the radio inside when it was on. it kept the water and mud off the radio.. I have not seen one of them in years. it worked great since we ran up and down the river here in Oklahoma. I think they were made to use on a boat back then. it may have been a boat shop I bought it at. they still may have them.

here is a link for one like I had bought years ago. this was just what I found with a quick search.

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Marine...qid=1404266517&sr=8-30&keywords=marine+stereo

Reactions: 1 person
the one I had back then the radio would slide right in to place. just had to drill a hole in the back for the power cord and the coax. then sealed it with some silicone. my radio had the front mic cord so it held the front open just a little when in use. I pulled the mic off when I washed the bike after a ride. also I put a couple pieces of weather stripping on the bottom of the case inside to hold the radio up and keep it from moving around inside the box. I used the hard rubber type to set the radio on. if any water did splash inside the box it heald the radio up about 1/2 inch to keep it out of the water.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.