• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hope i dont ruffle any feathers with this ?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
so, with all of the shops and dealers getting hit hard by uncle charlie; how is cop per electronics able to sell RM italy, and texas star amps, galaxy DX radios, and all the other stuff?

do they have some sort of special exemption?
do they have friends on the inside?

its scary to me when one business seems to come out unscathed while all their competition is getting zapped. hmmmm...

anyone know the score on this one?
loosecannon

They still sell them after they get POP by the FCC. They make the money up in a couple of day's. One day the fines will build up and they will go out of business and another CB shop will take there place.

its just that i have seen the FCC files on soooo many CB shops getting busted, but i have never seen one for cop per elec.

they are public record. if they've been busted, i should be able to find it.
will look some more.
still hmmmm....

i would think that the FCC would be pretty P.O'd, knowing that they just kept doing what they are doing. basically disregarding the reason for the fine.

i have nothing personally against them, and dont want to start trouble for anyone.
i figured this was a safe place to ask these questions without raising any eyebrows we dont need raised.

interesting if nothing else,
loosecannon

I think it's has to do with the high profile CB shop's like Radio Active that run's a forum based on his SWP and the RA 250 amp built by a well known amp builder???

My take on all this is that The FCC is trying to keep a very vocal but small minority of hams appeased. The fines are mostly lowered from the original fines,The business can use the fine as a tax write off,you mostly do not hear about the enforcement activity except on sites like this one and than most of us really don't care. And really do any of us that want a Export type radio have any trouble getting one?
Like I have said before on this site if uncle charlie really wanted to stop the export radio craze they could but really do not have the will to do it. Even if the Customs officials,Fcc,Ect really wanted to stop the import of theise radios it's not a high item on the list of things to look out for.
As we all know we live in a age of terrorism and Fancy CB radio's do not list very high on the list of dangerous things to watch out for.Sory CW and friends that is just the way it is.

The FCC can only write the citation, but like local police who write traffic tickets, cannot collect on the fine; because, an FCC citation, NAL or whatever you want to call it, like a traffic ticket, is not enforeceable or collectible until you are proven in a court of law that you are guilty. You are deemed innocent until that time that a judge or jury rules otherwise.

Right or wrong, your local police arrest people all day long, year after year and the police know at the time of the arrest that the person will be let out of jail and no charges ever filed. The FCC is no different.

Once the traffic ticket is written it is forwarded to the district attorney who files a complaint in the courts and than asks a judge or jury (via a trial) to render a verdict against the defendant. Same with the FCC, once a citation is written, the FCC has to file a complaint with the Justice Department and obtain a guilty verdict from a judge or jury. The Justice Department is not real keen on taking on these types of cases at this point. They have to prioritize, and the 10 meter law as written is subject to lots of, well, "debate".

But like your local police who make lots of arrests with very few convitions, the FCC citations act as a huge deterrent and keep things to a managable level. The FCC is handling this perfectly, even if a few of the big 10 meter retailers are still around. That is why c opp r and the rest are still around.

dont get me wrong, i dont care who sells what amp, or radio, and i dont want to put anyone out of business.

i was just wondering if they had some secret to being able to avoid this type of attention.

makes sense to me that they just take the loss and keep on truckin'.

loosecannon

loosecannon said:
dont get me wrong, i dont care who sells what amp, or radio, and i dont want to put anyone out of business.

i was just wondering if they had some secret to being able to avoid this type of attention.

makes sense to me that they just take the loss and keep on truckin'.

loosecannon

There smart and play there cards very close to there chest. This is the way it should be done , and they have been around for a few decades to prove it , I do understand that there sister company H&Y has been fined a time or two , (don't let them cards down to low now) Texas Star and those little Italian amps are sold as 10 meter and that is legal the last time I looked. I honestly do not follow FCC activities , if something goes down in my neighborhood ? chances are , I'll hear about it. I would bet somewhere down the line and over the years , Kopper has been fined for something , you take care of that , do what you need to do to clean up your act (cover your ass) and move on. IM not, nor have I ever been apart of there website Forum but I have bought many a radio from them over the years and I always had the best of transactions with them. No complaints by me.

chipotle said:
The FCC can only write the citation, but like local police who write traffic tickets, cannot collect on the fine; because, an FCC citation, NAL or whatever you want to call it, like a traffic ticket, is not enforeceable or collectible until you are proven in a court of law that you are guilty. You are deemed innocent until that time that a judge or jury rules otherwise.

Once a citation is written, the FCC has to file a complaint with the Justice Department and obtain a guilty verdict from a judge or jury. The Justice Department is not real keen on taking on these types of cases at this point. They have to prioritize, and the 10 meter law as written is subject to lots of, well, "debate".

But like your local police who make lots of arrests with very few convitions, the FCC citations act as a huge deterrent and keep things to a managable level. The FCC is handling this perfectly, even if a few of the big 10 meter retailers are still around. That is why c opp r and the rest are still around.

Chipotle truly is the voice of reason.

thats no different than these radio companies getting zapped I rememeber galaxy being put on hault for awhile in the Mid 1990s I believe they were benig made in Italy at that time Then I think the President hr2510 was stopped but soon after came the Lincoln. I know theres loop holes through everything if one plays it safe the game can and will go on ;)

true! If worse comes worse import the parts nothing wrong with that? than assemble them here in the states than no import problems. heck they did that in the early 70's I think they made them in salem wisconsin.
there is always a way around a problem. It's just a big dog and horse show anyway. :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.