• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How active is the freeband?

I have been hearing alot of traffic this week from 27.415 thru 27.915 its been mostly south america and mexico.. L.S.B. ( i live in oregon).. I am sure the F.C.C. frowns on using free band so i never transmit .. has anyone that we know ever been busted for operating out of band? I use an imax 2000 and I use it for c.b. and ham 10 meters..suprisingly it is in tune on both bands without any adjustments. 1.1 to 1,,10 meters and 1.3 to 1. on 27 mhz

Nice..Right now I am working on building a 102' vertical for DX on 11 meters, just need a few more parts, it will be built on top of a camera tripod, I took the camera bit off the tripod and theres this little threded hole for a bolt and the base of the antenna screws into this part. And the antenna itself will be inside some half inch PVC.

T23

Most SSB traffic up their is LSB. That radio only has USB and CW? Thats kinda odd.

Since when, most ssb traffic above 27.405 is on usb worldwide, with most activity centred around 27.555 usb.

Above 27.600 you may find a hell of a lot of qrm from the uk as the uk legal fm band runs from 27.60125 - 27.99125 and many uk stations have reasonable setups capable of worldwide dx even if they dont realise/utilise it. Running power levels up to 400w is quite common on ukfm.

around 26.285 usb can be productive too when the frequencies around 27.555 are crowded as many european,s.americans and others drop to the low bands for better quality qso's with less qrm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1