• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How Come My Posts are Not Bold

Plumber-G

Plumber-G
Nov 17, 2012
How come my post are not in bold print?? Am I doing something wrong or just to stupid to know<GRIN>

How come my post are not in bold print?? Am I doing something wrong or just to stupid to know<GRIN>

Ummmmm......well that post was in bold. When you write you need to click on the B in the top left of the editor if you want bold text but I guess you must have found that out. Alternatively you can click and drag a section to highlite it and then click the B to make all the selected text bold. Why bold anyway? Too much is hard to read.

Hmmm...

Where do I begin....

See the upper "icons" in you message window?

This one makes bold print.
This once Italicizes your post...
You can also UNDERLINE
and...
You, can Combine and even add COLOR

See below for a quick primer!
Whattodo.jpg

:+> Andy <+:

OK OK I know how to make text bold using the text editor, But when I create a message and look at it in the forum it is not bold?? is this because I am looking at my own message after it has been posted?? Does everyone have this happening?? or am I special

You SET your typing in your message - by first clicking the "B" in you message windows' upper left corner.

IF you forgot to? How do I get it back?

Easy, just follow thru...

IF your message doesn't go "BOLD" then review your message, find it in the posts - there will be a set of little lite rectangles one with a word EDIT and a small pencil along with Delete and Report.

Click on EDIT box - then when the message - your message - shows in in that box, take your mouse and drag it across the text you want to change - it will hi-lite in a color - this means the system is ready to change it - then click the "B" icon in the same upper left corner of your message box. You'll see the hi-lite you did with your mouse change to a bolder font (strong) then just click your mouse on the message text window to accept it.

Here are some examples...
EDITstart.jpg

You'll see a grey box...
your message in it.... like this...

EDITgrey.jpg

To change your text to BOLD - you have to hi-lite it...like shown...
EDIThilite.jpg

Once your text is hi-lited - click the icons above your message text box to apply any and all the effect you want...
EDITrclick.jpg

Then click anywhere in the message box to apply your effects...
EDITeffect.jpg

Make any changes, edit words, correct spelling - embellish as needed...and SAVE your work!
EDITdone.jpg

If you need help - just take your time and review all the features, it's a pretty powerful editor...

Enjoy!
:+> Andy <+:

Last edited:
Handy Andy
I haven't expresses myself adequately.
I know how to make text bold in the body of the post, I am talking about the "subject line"

When I post a Post the subject is not in bold however when you replied to my post yours was bold. So my question would be is the subject
"How Come My Posts are Not Bold" was it bold when you received it or was it not bold??

I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into explaining the text editor

Thanks
Plumber-G

what you post is bold on my end. when you post it does not come up bold for you since you just posted the subject.. the bold type tells you it is an item you have not read. what you post you have already read it if that makes since to you.

Oh, ok well we will save that lesson for a later time...LOL!

Bold are your UN-READ - (note emphasis) messages...yet to be viewed

Many users use bold type to help them read the message they send.

Have you tried the "New Posts" feature in the menu bar above yet?

That would save you a lot of time looking for current news and threads that have since scrolled down when new subject come up...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?