• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hows this sound for upgrading my hunting trucks CB system?

WhiteNite

Jan 11, 2010

OK I already have a SuperStar 121.

SuperStar 121
Midnight Special 700R
5ft SkipShooter
RoadKing Mic
All tuned together

What do you guys think?

This is all going in my 1991 F150 Hunting truck.

Should work well.
The linear amp has a driver transistor in it; so you may have to turn the radio output to the 'low' setting. Amps that have a driver transistor don't need a lot of input power from the radio. If the linear gets too much power/watts from the radio; it can sound 'splattered'.

If a shop put it all together for you; they have taken care of all of those issues for you as well. Should be good to go.
You probably have a 100 amp alternator already; right?

Midnight Special 700
1 x SC2290 driving 4 x SC2290 Transistors
2 cooling fans
Variable power
Preamp and sideband delay switches
700 Watts Peak Power and 200-300 Watt dead key
55 amps of current draw
Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.5 x 6 x 2.75
30-day warranty against factory defects. (fifteen dollar bench charge)
Export use only

The Superstar 121 is an old school single final radio. As long as nothing is clipped and it has a nice clean proper tune as stated run the power setting on Lo. Something like 2 watts swinging 20 will be great.

OK I already have a SuperStar 121.

SuperStar 121
Midnight Special 700R
5ft SkipShooter
RoadKing Mic
All tuned together

What do you guys think?

This is all going in my 1991 F150 Hunting truck.

and where is the 5 foot fiberglass antenna going to be mounted
to bumper
or behind the cab or on top of headrack or tool box mounted maybe

and where is the 5 foot fiberglass antenna going to be mounted
to bumper
or behind the cab or on top of headrack or tool box mounted maybe

It will be mounted behind the cab bolted to the front of the toolbox, its a coffin lid so it cant be mounted on top of it.

front of toolbox as in right next to the cab or mounted to the toolbox towards the tailgate
the amp sure wont like it for very long
if its up against the cab move it away from cab give it some breathing room

If your standing at the back of the tailgate and let it down. the front of the toolbox your looking at in the middle is where its bolted to. BUT, I also have a dogbox in the bed which is about 1ft from the antenna (its made of metal with a wood top).....I dont know where else to put it other than the bumper and I really dont like that. Any ideas?

If this is a hunting truck and aesthetics are not a big concern, I would go with this type of mount and mount it to the side of the bed. Being you are going to run that kind of power I would make sure your antenna was rock solid, can handle the power and will be durable in the woods.(y) I like a Wilson 1000 mag myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.