• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 Roger Beep modification.

SMILEX2692002

Oct 26, 2011
Wanting to change the roger beep in my HR 2510 to a long and loud beep. I really like to stand out while on AM and I think having a really loud and long roger beep will do that lol.

Roger Beep Mods (via CBtricks.com)
The Roger Beep in the HR2510 is ‘Unique’ but kind of wimpy..To modify this, locate R96 (a 2.7 Meg. ohm resistor) Remove and replace with a 100K ohm 1/8 watt resistor. This will increase the amplitude of the beep.
To change the duration (length) of the beep, replace C110 (10uf 16v ) remove and replace with a capacitor at least 50v with more or less capacitance to lengthen or shorten the beep to your preference.
These components are located to the left (facing the front of the radio) of IC 104.

Any ideas on a value resistor to replace to make the beep super loud?
Any ideas on the increasing the length of the roger beep? The stock 10uf 16v makes the beep last less than 1/2 a second.
I would like to have at least a few seconds of roger beep.

I have a few junk radios laying around I may be able to pull the parts out of. There is also a radio shack close by.

pretty self explainatory for the loudness which gives you a value for loudness. increase the uf of the cap for length. I would try a 47uf and if not long enough go to a 220uf or 100uf . the higher you go will increase how long it beeps. you will just have to play with different values to get what you want.

All roger beeps should have a switch. I find this one is the best kind to use. :whistle:

offoffswitch.jpg

I will make it go at least double what it does now. A door bell key up would be nice also. The locals would really hate me then lol.

I have a President HR2510 and it has one of the most pleasant " roger beep " made. Even the biggest hater's of roger beeps say they don't mind it and even forget it's there.

I also like the stock roger beep on the HR 2510. I have 2 2510's. I changed one of them for fun and man does it crank with a 100 uf 16 volt cap in place of the original 10 uf 16 volt cap. Always easy to change back anyhow.

I also like the stock roger beep on the HR 2510. I have 2 2510's. I changed one of them for fun and man does it crank with a 100 uf 16 volt cap in place of the original 10 uf 16 volt cap. Always easy to change back anyhow.
I am a fan of roger beeps myself for the reason they were invented. When I am talking to the wife up here in the mountains signals flutter quite a bit and hearing the beep helps stop double keying on each other and when talking with 3 or more on SSB it can also be quite helpful

I've wondered how some of the Mexicans down south get those 5 second "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" tones on their radio? Must be one hell of a cap they have?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated