• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510/2600-Lincoln in a big truck!

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
Does anyone have extended experience with these radios in a big truck? My concerns are durability(on these great Northeast roads) and frequency drift from temp change.

Thanks folks!

JD

CDX 951
Rolling%20Radios.jpg
</p>

When 2510's first came out i bought one and ran it in my Kenworth for years problem free,best radio i've ever owned.

Got stolen (that sucks) so i went out and got a Lincoln,i ran this for three years problem free,still miss my 2510 though.

73,RFK

</p>

I've run a Lincoln in my 660 Volvo, it rides pretty good so jarring it's not really a problem. I've never had it drift here in the Indiana weather. Only thing, and I thought was a big thing in the truck was the lack of an adjustable RF gain. It has the local/dx push button, and the squelch which was ok for am, but not a big plus for ssb to me. It's a quiet radio which helps, but there a times I wish it had an rf gain knob so I could tone it down just a bit.

Jerry

CDX350

TW350

</p>

Oh, You mean the Older version, with the Single face (Three Pane Glass) with the Plastic Wood Grain,

It also came in black.

The new style VN's have the Euro Style dash, Lamps are all Accessible from the rear of the dash.

The dash was Modular.. One Shell with 3 individual gauge clusters and a Large Graphics display

in the lower left corner. Mechanical gauges were on the right, and electronic gauges in the center

and Left side. It's Microprocessor controlled and Flash Upgradeable.. Real High Tech.

They are now made by a different company in Texas.. (Since 1989) Dont know what may have changed.

They used to be made in Colorado.

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.