• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 FM repeater offset mod

Also there are few 10 meter repeaters in comparison to 2m/440 mHz repeaters.

Cool thing about 10m repeaters is some of them can propgate across the country and even into Europe.

I occasionally jump on the KU2H repeater when skip is good and heard some European stations using it too.

Yes, get your General class as long that you're in study mode because the Tech is too limiting.

Afterwards you may then want to upgrade to a multiband antenna and HF radio and work your license!

Reactions: MeatMan
Also there are few 10 meter repeaters in comparison to 2m/440 mHz repeaters.

Cool thing about 10m repeaters is some of them can propgate across the country and even into Europe.

I occasionally jump on the KU2H repeater when skip is good and heard some European stations using it too.

Yes, get your General class as long that you're in study mode because the Tech is too limiting.

Afterwards you may then want to upgrade to a multiband antenna and HF radio and work your license!
Yeah I agree, but for now I'd like to utilize what I have and see if I want to spend all the extra cash hahaha. There's a 10m repeater in my town that I saw a video of someone talking to Warsaw on hahaha, I'd love to.

Last edited:
A PL tone is a sub audible tone so no, playing it thru the phone will not work.

What type of communication are looking to do with a PL tone?

Just to be pedantic here but CTCSS tones are not really subaudible. They are certainly within the audible range of hearing and some of the higher tones above 200 Hz can actually be heard on some systems. The modulation level is generally set at 10% modulation however to keep those tones to a very low level and most repeater systems filter them out.

Reactions: NZ8N and MeatMan
I personally did not install a tone board because I have a local repeater on 10 meters, that does not require the CTCSS tone.
The one that NZ8N posted a Link to is decent and easy to install with the included directions if you have the skills.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.